Summary of this Episode
Welcome to Season 3 of the Generous Marriage Podcast.
In this season we continue to interview different teachers, therapists, coaches and authors we meet, and bring you practical wisdom you can use to create a more generous marriage for you and your partner.
Our guest on this episode is Jed Diamond, an elder in the men evolution movement. He is the founder of MenAlive, a health program that helps men live long and well. Jed has been a licensed psychotherapist for about 40 years. Since its inception, he has been on the Board of Advisors of the Men’s Health Network. His passion in life is to suupport men, and the women who love them, in eliminating the stresses that undermine their health and wreck relationships.
Here are the highlights on this new episode:
- It all started in 1969 when Jed had his first child
- According to Jed, his work life is a fulfillment of a promise he made to his son
- Jed didn’t have good relationships in the early part of his life
- Eventually went to therapy himself and learned the cornerstone of relationships on his part
- Jed’s been with his current wife for 40 years now
- Jed is also part of a men’s group that’s been meeting for 40 years now(!)
- One of the Rules for Good Men is being in a men’s group which is a group of healthy men in healthy relationships
- One of his goals is to help men and their families to be able to do the healing from growing up in a dysfunctional family
- If we’re not aware, we fall in love to the projected image of what we hope that person would be and not with the person for who she is
- His wife was the one who challenged him to write the book 12 Rules for Good Men
- Number one rule is to be comfortable with our maleness
- Men’s group is a way to discover yourself on a deeper level
- Second rule is breaking out of a man box – the way we are raised as men and the beliefs that we grew up with
- Worrier vs Warrior = Woman vs Man
- Jed and his wife remarried after 15 years to renew their vows, by then they were two different people as they already changed to be the better version of themselves
Stay tuned for more information about the Generous Marriage Academy coming up soon!!
Bonus: 12 Rules for Good Men
Jed Diamond generously shared with us this fun infographic about the 12 Rules for Good Men.
Click the download button to get the bonus.
Weekly episodes with stories, tools and research that will help you make your marriage generous
Shachar Erez, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, 12 years married, father of two
Ziv Raviv, 16 years married, father of three