Summary of this Episode
Welcome to episode 8 of season 3 on the Generous Marriage Podcast. In this episode we talk to Ray Blakney.
Ray started his professional career as a software engineer. In 2006 he decided he wanted a career change, joined the U.S. Peace Corps and was assigned to Mexico. After completing his 2 years of service, he married his Spanish teacher – Laura – and stayed in Mexico to start with her a chain of successful brick and mortar language schools.
Here are the highlights of the episode:
- Ray became an entrepreneur 12 years ago, giving up a six figure software engineer job to start a business
- When Ray and his wife started their first business they only had two thousand dollars
- Since then Ray created a few successful businesses all at the same time
- For him the key to making it work is learning how to argue
- Ray doesn’t believe in the myth of work-life balance. He prefers work-life integration
- Ray and his wife went through dark times as well – dealing with huge business challenges and personal challenges going through IVF and trying to have a baby
- After each failure they decided to sweeten it and take care of their relationship by going on great trips together
- Ray’s wife supports him by listening to him and Ray is working on how he can listen more to his wife by asking more questions
- They do their best to support each other’s dreams
Bonus: 5 Tips on How to be Productive When Working With your Spouse
Ray Blakney share his tips on working with his spouse.
Click the download button to get it.
Weekly episodes with stories, tools and research that will help you make your marriage generous
Shachar Erez, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, 12 years married, father of two
Ziv Raviv, 16 years married, father of three