Summary of this Episode
Welcome to episode 9 of season 3 of the Generous Marriage Podcast. In this episode we talk to Dr. Kim Kimberling.
Dr. Kim Kimberling is an American author, Christian Counselor, and President and founder of Awesome Marriage, a nonprofit ministry aiding marriages. He has been a Christian marriage counselor for over 30 years and married for over 40 years. Currently, he runs Family Christian Counseling in Oklahoma City where he counsels couples. Additionally, he runs Awesome Marriage, a global marriage ministry.
There’s a lot to learn from Dr. Kim’s vast knowledge about relationships. Here are some of the highlights of our conversation:
- Dr. Kim started Awesome Marriage in 2011
- They offer two podcasts, one about marriage and one for men
- Last year Dr. Kim published a book called 14 Keys to a Lasting Love
- Dr. Kim believes in making your spouse your best friend
- He challenges men to invest in their marriage the same effort they do in their career
- He recommends tending the feeling of team in the marriage by taking time every day to touch base and connect
- He also emphasizes the importance of regular date nights + a fun weekend getaway twice a year
- It’s important to make the time together intentional. Make it meaningful
- Dr. Kim believes that sex can develop best in a marriage thanks to the shared commitment that allows for curiosity, growth and change
- Why pornography is a problem in a marriage
Bonus: 21 Day Wife Appreciation Challenge
Awesome Marriage shares this great challenge with us.
Men, check it out! It will make your marriage more generous 🙂
Just click the download button to get it free.
Weekly episodes with stories, tools and research that will help you make your marriage generous
Shachar Erez, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, 12 years married, father of two
Ziv Raviv, 16 years married, father of three